Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Group D Exam is one of the most prominent exams in the country. The exam is conducted to select people for various posts in the Indian Railways. The best thing about the exam is its eligibility criteria – it’s set to the bare minimum. If you have passed your 10th class exam or have an ITI/ diploma from a recognized educational institution, you can appear for the exam.
RRB Group D is a gateway to central government jobs for all those who aspire to become government employees with minimal educational qualification and enjoy the various perks offered by the Government of India. On BYJU’s Exam Prep, there are other exams as well that give similar or better opportunities. One thing worth noting about the RRB Group D Exam is all the posts under the exam are non-desk jobs
RRB Group D Exam Pattern & Syllabus
RRB Group D Exams, both CBT 1 and CBT 2, have four sections. Here is the RRB Group D Syllabus.
1. General Science
3. General Intelligence and Reasoning
4. General Awareness and Current Affairs
In CBT 1, there are 100 questions, and in CBT 2, there are 120 questions. Questions across the above-mentioned four sections are divided in the following manner:
|Sections||Number of questions (CBT 1)||Number of questions (CBT2)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||35|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||25|
Both CBT 1 and CBT 2 are computer-based tests. You get 90 minutes during both the tests to complete the test. A few things to note about the exam are as follows:
– The tests are computer-based and time-bound. Hence, take mock tests to prepare yourself well.
– Each question carries 1 mark in both the exams.
– Both CBT 1 and CBT 2 have negative marking; each wrong answer deducts 1/3 of your total marks.
– All sections have a different number of questions.
If you want to ace RRB Group D Exams, make sure you do mock tests and solve previous years papers. This will boost up your preparation of the exam and bring you much closer to your dream of clearing the RRB Group D Exam. BYJU’s Exam Prep has good preparation material that helps you ace your preparation for the exam. Plus, it has mentors who have cleared the exam as well and guide aspirants
Posts in RRB Group D
1. Assistant Workshop
2. Assistant C&W
3. Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel)
4. Assistant Loco Shed (Electrical)
5. Assistant Depots (Store)
6. Assistant Operations (Electrical)
7. Assistant Pointsman (Traffic)
8. Assistant Signal & Telecom
9. Assistant Track Machine
10. Assistant Bridge
11. Assistant TL&AC
12. Assistant TL & AC (Train Lights and AC) workshop
13. Assistant TRD(Electrical)
14. Assistant Work Engineer
15. Assistant Work (Workshop)
16. Track maintainer
RRB Group D Exam is a gateway to union government jobs in the Indian Railways. The test has four sections – General Science, Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, and Current Affairs. Each section carries a specific number of questions. So, find sections that are your strengths and weaknesses, and build a strategy to clear the exam successfully.